Strength & conditioning
Strength & Conditioning offers an innovative approach to training – building on a solid athletic foundation while staying focused on each athlete’s individual goals. Rowan’s unique program includes instruction in movement training, injury reduction and rehabilitation, linear and lateral speed techniques, foot speed and agility, explosive power development, proper functional strength training and energy system conditioning. Athletes are closely supervisedas the coach takes them through an intense workout with attention always being paid to proper technique and safety.
Workouts involve functionally sound movement training, strength training and conditioning with a strong focus on basic and proper technique. The workouts become progressively more challenging once basic techniques have been mastered.
• SPEED – Acceleration, Deceleration, Linear and Lateral Movement
Techniques, Running Mechanics, Footwork
• EXPLOSIVE POWER – Olympic Lifting, Plyometrics, Medicine Ball,
Jumping & Landing Techniques
• STRENGTH – Functional Approach, Thorough Instruction, Focus on
Upper Body, Lower Body & Core
• CONDITIONING – Game Ready Preparation for all Athletes.
• FLEXIBILITY – Myofascial Release (Foam Rolling), Various Forms of
Stretching, Muscle Activation
• INJURY REDUCTION – Identify & Correct Muscular Imbalances,
Balance & Stabilization
• NUTRITION EDUCATION – Lessons, Tips and Advice
Rowan is an associated strength and conditioning coach with the
UKSCA and also has a BSc (Hons) Strength & Conditioning.